Sunday, June 30, 2013

And Sometimes You Just Have to Kiss It

I feel like this at times, an overpowering urge to kiss an amazing piece of work right square on the mouth. In recent weeks I have fallen back in love with the work of John Cage, Felix Gonzalez-Torres and Janine Antoni. 

I have been speaking with friends often about the experience of art, the experience of life and living. I have had the good fortune of being able to travel recently and take in my surroundings, the sounds, touch, feeling and smell of a place. I have been to Newport and Colt State Park, to Tillinghast Farm and Chatham's gorgeous beaches. I have been smitten by nature and am ready to get back to work in the studio. Experience, the experience and the memory it leaves. This is what matters more and more.






No comments:

Post a Comment